We are asked this everyday, so I thought I would put the directions online, that way they are always available.
The one thing we never do is put soap in the machine.
Thats right we Never put soap in the machine. I know the machines all have Solution / Soap Reservoirs, we fill those with water and Carpet Rinse Neutralizer ( 1 oz / gallon). We mix the soap in a garden or Pump Sprayer and pre-spray the carpet after treating any spots.
Why do we do this:
1. Dwell Time, the soap is down on the carpet for 10 to 15 minutes working on the dirt. If you put soap in the carpet machine, you pick it up almost as soon as it hits the carpet. You’re not giving it a chance to work.
2. You only have to go over the carpet once with the machine. the machine agitates the carpet and rinses it all at once. The Carpet Rinse Neutralizer, breaks down the soap and returns the p.h. to neutral. This will allow you to go longer between cleanings and keep your traffic areas looking better longer. One other advantage is the Carpet Rinse Neutralizer also breaks down hard water, keeping your machine’s insides clean too!
Here are the steps.
1. Vacuum your rug thoroughly.
2. Treat all the spots with a good quality spotter like Unbelievable. Always use a white rag to avoid transferring color from the cloth to the your carpet!
3. Use a garden sprayer to mix the soap in, usually 1 oz per gallon and then spray the soap uniformly on your carpet and wait 10 to 15 minutes.
4. In your machine mix 1 oz of carpet rinse neutralizer to each gallon of water. Run the machine over your carpet to extract the dirt and soap. Repeat if necessary.
5. Use a air mover or fan to help dry the carpet, or simply let it air dry.
6. Clean your machine, wipe it down and clean the front lens out, to help prolong the life of the unit.
7. Sit back and enjoy your clean home.